Monday, May 24, 2010

'Lost'...what's it all for?


It's been a minute since my first post as the daily rigors of life have descended upon me once again. Being back in New York has been a whirlwind and I am reminded on a daily basis of some of things that pushed me to travel abroad for so long. At the end of the day, though, there is still something that is drawing me to this city.

CUT TO: The end of 'Lost'

So, yes, I am a fanatic of 'Lost'. I didn't start watching until the beginning of the 5th season (not my fave, btw) but the storytelling made such a strong impact on me. I dig creative narrative techniques so the show had me hooked from the pilot ep.

Here were these people who were on an Island fighting for their lives on a daily basis and navigating through this surreal universe. Somehow, many of them were able to find love, courage, and friendship through their many trials and tribulations.

What exactly does this have to do with my current situation? Well, really, it just reminds me of the power of having Faith and surrounding yourself with the peeps you love. Life is super short...and, in the literal blink of an eye, can pass by you without amounting to much. So it's in all of our best interests if we live and love fully. That's what I got out of the finale of 'Lost'.

This quote seems quite fitting for the 'Lost' finale, but (methinks) applies to life in general:

"Life is a voyage in the infinite ocean of time, where scenes are perpetually changing. Life is a journey from impurity to purity, from hatred to cosmic love, from death to immortality, imperfection to perfection, from slavery to freedom, from diversity to unity, from ignorance to eternal wisdom, from pain to eternal bliss, from weakness to infinite strength."
~ Swami Sivananda

I am grateful that we even had a show like it on television and am going to miss growing with the characters as well as experiencing their new adventures. R.I.P. Lost...

'til next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment